Monday, January 23, 2017

Out in the Woods


            It's not that sex is a taboo subject for me. My sex life is really none of your business. There is a huge difference, for me, between what I think and say and how I fuck someone. The latter is completely irrelevant (except to the fuckee). I just can't approach the subject from an objective position. I can discuss the topic until I'm sore. When it comes to my private activities, I would rather say nothing at all. With that being said, it can be intimidating to express your ideas on sexuality. It can be hard and often difficult to    
move freely within the parameters. People ramble on and on about their conquests but never their failures. Some people cannot rise to the occasion. Perhaps the matter needs some lubrication, a way to slide into the topic on a much less personal and much more humorous playing field. Always wear a rubber.
            Being a gay man in this much more tolerant world, you would think it would be easy for me to reveal my sexuality to people. Don't get me wrong, it most certainly is, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The act of telling someone you are a homosexual invites them, at least in their mind, to conclude certain things. I'm sorry but I don't want you assuming that I am a cocksucker and/or sodomite. I doesn't really matter if I am. I wish there was some way to not allow such an approach, such intimate information.  I have had a partner for the last 18 years but it doesn't get any easier for me to invite anyone into my private world. I don't want to know whether your husband eats out your pussy so why should you have access to what I do or don't do with my penis and/or any orifice you might imagine? Unlike heterosexuality, which entails certain moral privacy, what I experience as a gay man should be an issue for me and me alone. Well, myself  and the object of my erection.
            I got older and sex changed for me. As a young adult, I frequented so many gay bars I looked like the poster girl (not really, but it fits). As an untreated Bi-polar, you can imagine the heightened sexual impulses that flooded my mind and body at the time.
Getting laid was all that really mattered to me back then. Left without it, I was driven to just seek more and more and more. One conquest after the other made little difference. The urges were out of control because I had no control. Anything outside of the norm found a place within less mainstream parts of the gay community. It can appear that anything goes. This promiscuous behaviour had always been as rampant in the heterosexual community but we just don't talk about that. They use much the same tools but what they hammer is much different. Most "breeders" have an innate sense of validation no matter what they themselves tend to do. For me, sex always had a power over me. It always controlled me, drove me towards hedonism and the quest for coital gratification. Copulation was purpose and nothing else really mattered.

Julie: "He said that he loved me."
Helen: "Men say that. They all say that. Then they cum."
(Parenthood, film 1989)




            When people realize the accessibility gay men have to casual sexual encounters, it tends to justify any moral and/or spiritual superiority they cling to. The acts of so many sinners validates the very what, and the why, religious people think the way they do regarding the sin that once did not speak its name. If you care to notice, now we just won't shut up. I long for ambiguity in our expression. For the general population, we have always just assumed that the people we meet are heterosexual. Let them keep thinking that and leave us to our different world. It's much more fun without you. Most people never consider the availability of this vice until they witness it for themselves.  Browsing Church Street in Toronto, on my 19th birthday, was like putting a kid in a candy shop. Amongst all the things one can chew or suck on, I discovered a smorgasbord beyond anything I could have imagined while I beat my meat all through High School. The cup really does overflow. Throughout the 1980s, this trend in moral diversity brandished in spite of the AIDS epidemic. For awhile, accessibility came covered in latex but it existed and flourished regardless. The sky is the limit when it comes to debauchery and the lasciviousness nature of man (and most times even his woman).
            My friends who live in Toronto have an entire landscape based on sex to indulge in. They are not at play in the fields of the Lord. There is a seedy lifestyle, an underground "modus vivendi" most people never recognize, let alone acknowledge.
It's like an otherland of sin and lust and reckless abandon (in some cases). I'm in no position to judge. There are many times that I wish I could go back and access the way things were in those days. From bathhouses to online sex apps to park cruising, you can always find what you need. Maybe you are into barebacking, or watersports, or even fisting, you can cum and get it. "Gifting" parties are still a dime a dozen. Let us add a little meth or G or K, or even poppers, to top (or bottom) off the night, depending on your proclivity. If you want to have a gang bang, Google it. If you want to suck someone off in front of 32 strangers, just go to the Black Eagle. When I was in San Francisco, I was invited to join 16 other men in an orgy. A gang bang is like mashed potatoes. They come with each entrée. Any flavour, any fashion, any gender you choose to be, it all lies within the grasp. It's a different world and not for the fainthearted. You walk up to the buffet  and you fill your plate with your fondest desires then rush home to your wife and children and the dog you bought last week.   
            Not every gay man is promiscuous. Not every lesbian takes multiple tugboats to Tuna Town. Every kind of person you can imagine has a moral compass which, for the most part, directs at least towards moderation. For many, it gives a free hand to do what they please. It's just the variable that is different. If you're going to cheat, you don't need to be straight to do it. Just as if you want to overload your weekend with sex and more sex, you don't need to be gay to go this way.  Despite the clandestine nature of this beast, I would argue that it appears more decadent, more hedonistic, if we simply believe that homosexuality is a precursor to fornication, idolatry and promiscuity. On statistics alone, there would be many more heterosexuals running around in sin than abominations drinking from the tap in a back room in San Diego. For some reason, we don't generalize when we sit in the majority. We demonize, criticize and even attempt to destroy. We tend to project our own shortcomings (so to speak) on others. The very same things we cast upon them we do ourselves in silence. I suppose one solution is more masturbation. We self-indulge regardless, so we should at least get something out of it. There is nothing wrong with spilling and wasting your seed.

"Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love."
(Annie Hall, film 1977)
           
            He added me to his Facebook without consulting me and I added him like I do with every request that I receive. He started lurking on my page, liking this and sharing that. Suddenly, he messaged me, teasing and tweaking at my interest. It didn't work. This wasn't Gay.com or some fetish site like Recon, rather, he began his dance on my Facebook account. I started mutually poking him as a sign of friendship. He poked me so I poked him back. I had no idea he took it all so literally. I was hoping it would settle him down. Not a chance. He started asking for me to send him pictures. He wanted pictures of my dick, pictures of my chest and even pictures of my ass and, as he referred to it, my "hole". I have to admit, after his constant '"show you mine if you show me yours" diatribe, I felt a little marginalised. He expected me to join in his parade simply because I was a gay man. When I told him I had a partner for over 18 years, he asked me politely to no longer poke him. If I wasn't interested in him sexually, then I was clearly disposable. It was insulting for me to be viewed as a piece of meat ready for consumption. I would have loved the entire scenario when I was 21 years of age; that was then, this is now. The entire experience left me feeling used and a little icky. Wrong place, wrong time pal!
I blocked the fucker for good measure.
            You don't see animals, out in the woods, trying to fuck each other over for a little piece of tail. You don't see raccoons trying to shove pine cones up their ass and they rarely try to copulate on a baby from some litter. Ducks do not drink each other's urine and rarely do you see a peacock after the sex change. Yes, the animal kingdom also roams in the land of coitus. They rape, they breed, they do all sorts of things. I suppose that's one reason we call them animals. As if mankind is more civilized. I'm just glad that with age came the ability to separate sex from pleasure. The two do not always go hand in hand. As a teenager in a small town, long before the internet, the hunt was something that drove me. Instant gratification didn't necessarily exist back when and it took far too long. At least, it did for me. Modern gay men have it so much easier to find whatever their proclivity might be. Social media has changed the way we cruise for cock and the way we look at sex. I have made a lot of mistakes in my time and I regret many of the things I've done. Speaking sexually, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have regretted going out in the woods. For the record, I am not into pine cones.




Photo


http://twohornyguys.com/tag/nude/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.