Monday, February 20, 2017

The Stick


            I try my best to be a kind person. Tolerance and compassion are the two things I strive to maintain in my life. I have much empathy for others. Having just been said, it is no easy feat to dish out joy when this world is so fucking bleak and foreboding. In a reality so full of things and pleasure, there is often little to be joyful about. On the best day, everything can rub you the wrong way. From the moment you open your eyes feeling weary, all there is stands as every reason to just go back to sleep. People only add to the chaos. Throughout my tenure on this planet, I have noticed just how significant the retardation factor has become in my fellow man. It's hard not to experience agoraphobia, when the simple act of existing means coming in contact with one moron after another. I am not exempt from this lifestyle, especially during rebuttal, but I hope I can still catch myself from any conditioned response. In a world full of assholes, I too am often a chocolate starfish. I just want to strike out at anything that causes me grief. There are times when I interact with the public that I am mere steps away from incarceration. Thank goodness my meds give me control over that angst and violence but even they don't always inhibit the stick that, at times, appears to be shoved up my ass. This day, I recognize that I am not alone in this intrusion. It's time to purge my wooden invader. I need to say what there is to say and be done with it. I totally, unabashedly, completely have the need to rant.

            I have absolutely no respect for anyone who voted for Donald Trump. I believe anyone who did vote for him should be charged with a hate crime. His supporters are representational and self-explanatory. Hate is hate, even if you are simply overlooking it.  To validate such a man with your vote is pure villainy. Since the election, I have withdrawn my favour from almost all my social contacts that were so inclined in their commitment. If you do not condemn a person for their nasty behaviour, then you condone that behaviour. Trump's fiscal policy and agenda have little to do the character of his person. When he physically mocked a disabled man, in front of millions, that was the line for me. I wouldn't associate with that type of person in private so why would I endorse them in public? I don't care if Hillary Clinton emailed people pictures of her twat, the kind of person who does what Trump did to that psychically challenged man should be shunned, not exonerated. Someone should pull the stick out of his ass. As a neutral Canadian (sometimes), I am bewildered by the recent choice America made. I mean, seriously? I am convinced that down the line, given enough time, those who grant approval to this man will come to realize that the same condition they cast on another will one day visit them. They too will cry out at the injustice. You always get what you paid for and the price is always so high. 

            
            A few weeks ago, I was pulling into the Dollarama parking lot when I ran into a wall. The wall was a grey four-door Dodge Ram and it had grown out of the centre of a parking lane. I had pulled into the lot and into line for a spot. Little did I know this was no ordinary line, rather an all-new position the driver had assigned to themselves. She just sat there, with no signal, no indication of anything but being frozen in time. With no oncoming traffic, she could have easily shuffled around for a different approach. She fidgeted in the front seat and I watched with great interest. I just assumed she must be on a smartphone so I lightly tapped the car horn, in that squeaking, barely touched the thing way. I got nothing. I proceeded to unhook my seatbelt and reached for the door to investigate. Maybe she was in need of medical assistance, one can never really be sure.  The second I grasped the handle, she whipped right into the first empty space. She must have needed more than mere assistance. I followed quickly behind her, immediately next to her, as she opened up her door and stepped out. She was in her forties with a Prince Edward Island haircut that reminded me of every schoolmarm in cinematic history. Her glasses were oh so apropos. I stepped out and let it go. I told her harshly that she is required by law to signal before any turn, even in a parking lot. She stuck her nose so high in the air that I could see the stick coming out her left nostril. She pissed me off, not even acknowledging me, so I called her a bitch. She stopped dead and asked if I had just called her a bitch. Duh! In rare form, I told her I would have called her a cunt but I couldn't smell her from my vantage point. She practically ran into the shop. I proceeded at a distance behind her. Inside, as I stood staring at a display case, she walked past me and uttered "Wow." I replied with "That's exactly what I thought." In a little fit of rage, she proclaimed that the entire store "watch out for this guy." I went on with my duty, heavily amused at this point. It did not last. She eventually disappeared after running into each other a few more times. When I got back to my car, the SUV was gone and I assumed so was she. I looked around to make sure she wasn't lurking. I still couldn't smell a thing.
           

            There is a fine line between friends and neighbours. The two are not exclusive from each other but perhaps they should be. I learnt a long time ago not to shit where you eat. Having settled quite nicely into our home, it has been well over a year since the move to Paris, Ontario, Canada. We love the neighbourhood and the town itself. Everything here seems so quaint and unobtrusive. The promos all claim it to be "the prettiest town in Canada," and I for one wholeheartedly agree. It is a lovely place to live. The community keeps mostly to themselves and the crime rate is dramatically low, although things can seem a little "Stepford Wives" with all the very white people. In the last 12 months or so, I have become acquainted with the neighbours who live on each side of me. I speak of my immediate neighbours, not the hot guy down the road or the snotty family to our left, mere metres away from my door.  Conveniently for me, they are mostly women and so much easier to get along with than heterosexual men (for the most part). Just out of immediate reach, a family with young kids keeps mostly to themselves. One early morning, around 7 AM, one of those kids, a small blond boy named John, rang our doorbell and startled my partner and me from our sleeping. When I opened the door, he just stood there, claiming to know nothing including his own name. I invited him inside, gave him a sugary drink and a cookie, then decided to call the police. Never having seen the boy before, and with nothing forthcoming from him, I was left with little choice. The second I said anything about the cops, his memory returned and he was able to lead me directly to his front door. She opened the door half asleep but her smartphone was on. She had no idea the boy had gone missing. Without a word to me, she harshly scolded him and yanked him inside the home. There was no thank you. There was no appreciation for not calling Children's Aid. She didn't even look at me as she slammed the door closed in my face. Since then, she walks by me as if I am not even there. The boy runs quickly away whenever he sees me or my partner. She is the one thing about this neighbourhood that bothers me the most. I would also call her a bitch but I think it goes deeper than that. I don't even believe she needs to get laid properly, although if you see her husband you might assume so. I don't know if its homophobia or the proverbial stick rammed up her butt but one time I saw her yawn and you could see it.
           

            You can be as tolerant as Gandhi and as empathetic as the Christ, but something always preys on one's last nerve. I have to admit that while I have few biases towards the population in general, I can't stand ugly people. I don't mean disabled or physically challenged people. I do not mean people who do not meet conventional standards of beauty. There are certain people who just make you cringe. Just being near them is more than enough for discomfort. Often, any stick has completely disappeared. They have it all. Their body is ugly. Their face is ugly. Their energy screams ugly. They are nasty for no reason and a grimace in the most natural of ways. American uglies all voted for Trump. More often than not, you can see them coming. Their aura is more mud than welcoming bright. Everything about them cries out asshole. It seems their mission to shit on everyone else's day. Misery seems to love company. They try hard to make it so. Each moment you spend near them is an experiment in terror. They make you want to scream out as you punch them in the fucking face. Grrrrr. I try my best to rise above. I don't mean to interact with them but often I am given little choice. If you want to seek one out, all you have to do is go to your friendly neighbourhood Wal-Mart.
            I noticed his ass on the way into the store. For a moment, I thought he was a Muppet. At this time, I failed to notice the tree growing out of his crack. Mr. Lumpy, as I have come to know him, slowly disappeared into the Christmas displays. I headed towards the good fruit. We met up again in the electronics section. I saw what I wanted right away and moved towards the display. I had to say "excuse me" when he would not get out of my way. It was his left thigh that really stood like a huge barrier. He looked at me like he was rabid, then he moved directly into my path. When he bent over to reach whatever he was trying to reach, I experienced the last super moon of 2016. I shouldn't make fun. There was just that something about him that made me feel like he was trying to piss me off. His energy was dark and foreboding. His posture, then his derrière, both told tales about him. I could feel the hate flow from him as his right boob cascaded down his torso. His face was spotty. His hair unkempt. He didn't look happy and he didn't seem happy. This has little to do with how you treat other people in public. At one point, he even grunted at me as I stood trying to get to the goods. He still refused to move so I directed a few "pardon me" at his backside. It was at this point that I recognized the giant trunk hanging from his orifice. More often than not, I would have told him off but in this case it would have done no good. Ugly like this is not worth your time. No matter what you say, or how you say it, it means little in the bigger scheme of things. I decided to go around his exterior wall and re-approach when he had left the scene. I never try to pet a dog when it is growling at me, especially if it's ugly and carries a stick.


            Life is trying at the best of times. I think all of us to some capacity recognize just how connected we all really are and we all know, to degrees, that deep down inside, existence is hard for everyone. We all should remove the log from our own butt before we go pulling branches from anybody else's. It might get messy but it needs to be done. We are all guilty of such tunnel vision. We think only of ourselves, with little recognition of others, let alone consideration. Something in this modern day has turned us all into fiends who sit worshipping our own image in a river. It's not always a pretty picture. Ugly is as ugly does. Now, I can be just as big of an asshole as anyone else can. I get on other people's last nerve. I hate and I have much rage. At times, I smile at my own reflection. It's the same story for all of us, I imagine. Somehow we all seem to have something poking out of our hole. You can jiggle it if you don't remember.

















Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.